It is after-noon, I plan to leave for Friday prayer in twenty minutes, missing last to Fridays due to injury to me knee. Hill 206 is quite except for humming of the AC, and I am wasting my moments even though I know that I need to forward the review for a paper to Szegedy as soon as possible.
Pakistan lost their match against Srilanka in the first match of supper eights in T20 world cup. Shakeel is knocking off one of his teeth and needed my signature as witness :)
Last night I cooked Kashmiri Daal Chawal without his help; they are not that bad. Though I forgot to bring some with me when I left for office in the morning, and now I am wondering whether I will run back early or stay hungry longer because I don't plan to eat pizza any more, not at least that frequently.
Although Naproxen does not seem to be working so magically as I expected (and it seems that I will have to pay a visit to my doctor next week or the week after that), I do want to return to court by next Monday, and see if I can play a couple of squash games. And Khula says I am "day-dreaming"!
I could not read the paper, Zubair sent me about a month ago; lets hope I be done with Szegedy by end of the day and tomorrow I can send Zubair a review; he's got to be angry with me. I have started reading "A man who loved only numbers", and I think I am beginning to understand why mathematicians are "social aliens". I think it is the search of ultimate truth, the requirement of proof that keeps them at bay from a very ambiguous diplomatic society where very fragile lines between true and false drawn by views and not proofs; perhaps it is very difficult to endorse in a mathematical setting. I wonder what happens next; the whole world turns mathematical or need for proof vanishes as they promises for both. A surge to intelligent computers can ask for everything be in "well-defined", and Godel on the other proves that in a good enough system there are statements that true and yet can't be proved.
-mudassir shabbir
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment